Fulltime – based in Amsterdam
The PharmAccess Group
The PharmAccess Group is a dynamic international organization with a digital agenda dedicated to connecting more people to better healthcare in sub-Saharan Africa. The unprecedented rise of mobile technology is transforming sub-Saharan African economies. The PharmAccess Group believes that digitalization has the potential to revolutionize health care in Africa. We focus on innovations to serve patients and doctors through mobile technology, loans to doctors, health insurance, clinical standards and impact research. We work closely with leading local and international partners to leverage donor contributions to increase trust throughout the health system, reduce risks, and pave the way for investments. With over 60 percent of staff based in Africa, we are firmly rooted in Africa. Our specific approach to development attracts international attention, including a G20 prize for innovative financing presented by President Obama, the National Postcode Lottery’s prestigious “Droomfonds”, and two Financial Times/IFC essay awards.
The Advocacy Officer will work closely with the Director of Advocacy and Partnerships to help improve advocacy, policy and program development outcomes of PharmAccess. Specifically, this position will:
- Provide ground-breaking analysis on health financing and delivery, mHealth, private sector development and public-private partnerships.
- Produce accessible and excellent reports, briefings and advocacy materials on PharmAccess’ priority themes and initiatives.
- Develop and analyze data set from sources such as the World Bank/IFC, OECD, research institutions and national governments on key socio-economic, health, technology and development indices for priority countries.
- Actively identify, analyze and advise on new opportunities and requirements for program development and fundraising.
- Lead and/or support the writing and review of documentation that covers proposals, concept notes and program development assessments to ensure winning proposals.
Qualifications & Requirements
We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about innovative solutions for the healthcare financing and delivery challenges in sub-Saharan Africa. Critical to the role is a strong knowledge of international development, the ability to analyse and write excellent reports and briefings for various audiences, and possess the energy and drive to succeed:
- This is your second career step. You have considerable experience in analytical, advocacy and strategic roles within the international development sector and/or private sector.
- You have a relevant Master’s degree such as Economics, International Development, MBA or equivalent experience.
- You have excellent writing skills in English, and the ability to translate complex material and data into coherent and thought-provoking narratives, reports, briefings and proposals.
- You have thorough understanding of the discourse on leveraging private investments, public-private partnerships and technology for international development and development effectiveness.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are able to effectively interact within an environment with multiple stakeholders and people originating from different cultures.
- You have high level of energy and determination, and ability to generate successful outcomes.
- You have, preferably, a background in program implementation in Africa and experience with contract and donor management.
- You are flexible to travel abroad.
We offer an excellent job opportunity in a dynamic international environment with solid working conditions and a branch conform salary. We have a fulltime workweek of 40 hours, a collective pension scheme and a collective health insurance. We offer 25 vacation days a year based on a fulltime employment agreement.
How to apply
Suitable candidates can apply by filling out their details on our recruitment page: http://webapp.pharmaccess.org/hrdoc. The deadline for application for this position is 24th October 2016.
For more information about this position, please contact our HR Manager Vincent Telling (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kwasi Boahene (email@example.com).