Director Quality Accreditation, PharmAccess Kenya (Fulltime)
(Full time, based in Nairobi, Kenya- with frequent international traveling.)
The PharmAccess Group
Are you interested in working at the forefront of health and development, in a dynamic, innovative, international, expert environment? PharmAccess may be the place for you!
PharmAccess believes in doing healthcare better, especially for those who find themselves excluded. We aim to be an innovator and catalyst for practical changes that can be scaled up and improve how healthcare markets function. This is key to advancing the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, in particular the targets relating to the realization of Universal Health Coverage. We do this by mobilizing public and private resources for the benefit of doctors and patients through health insurance, mHealth innovations, loans to doctors (MCF), clinical standards and quality improvement (SafeCare) and impact research.
At the heart of PharmAccess are the activities branded under SafeCare. SafeCare is an ISQUA accredited standards-based approach for measuring, improving, and recognizing the quality of healthcare services in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. From primary healthcare facilities in Kenya to the district hospital in Nigeria, with SafeCare it is possible to measure healthcare services against a set of internationally recognized standards. Based on these standards, SafeCare also provides the tools, instruments, and methodology that are being used by partners, governments, and healthcare providers to improve the services they provide for people. Since its successful launch in 2010 and having reached and improved 3000 healthcare facilities in our core countries Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, and Ghana, we are now ready to bring the next step in quality to Africa: SafeCare Accreditation. SafeCare Accreditation is a unique stamp of recognition for facilities that have demonstrated a culture of excellent quality in everything they do. SafeCare Accreditation enables national and international exposure and stimulates a culture of sharing knowledge, ideas, and best practice to further strengthen quality and increase the trust of patients, insurers, investors, and other stakeholders. Developed as a truly African product for recognizing excellence, SafeCare Accreditation aims to be the leader in Accreditation of Sub Saharan African hospitals and healthcare providers, with the on the ground knowledge of the medical, social, cultural, and economic challenges healthcare providers and investors face.
Building International, African Quality Excellence.
To lead and implement these new developments, we are looking for a Director Quality Accreditation. What we offer is an exciting international opportunity to bring accreditation to healthcare providers, insurers and investors in Africa, and the opportunity to work with international and local public and private sector partners to ensure long term sustainability and ownership of our work.
The Director SafeCare Accreditation will report directly to the Director Quality, who is part of the Management Team of PharmAccess Group.
As Director Quality Accreditation you will fulfil a strategic role in the development of our accreditation proposition, product, and services to expand its footprint in Sub Saharan Africa. Our accreditation product is aimed at recognizing healthcare providers that have achieved a culture of excellent care for their patients and staff. Accreditation creates trust for patients and families to seek healthcare at a facility that considers their treatment and health their upmost importance. Accreditation also creates trust to investors that their investment is translated into the best possible health outcome and impact. You will work on the further design, expansion, implementation, and adoption of SafeCare Accreditation by both public sector- and private sector healthcare providers, investors, and stakeholders. Moreover, you will build a business model to ensure SafeCare Accreditation is institutionalized on the African continent and ensured of long-term sustainability.
Your role is to:
- Lead the strategic design, business planning and implementation of SafeCare Accreditation with the aim to build an accreditation institute for Sub Saharan Africa.
- Act as a radar for business opportunities in Kenya and Sub Saharan Africa, creating an attractive external profile and opening doors with private organizations, investors, insurance companies and government institutes.
- Ensure that PharmAccess and SafeCare take full advantage of the opportunities that arise from your and our network.
- Initiate, build and strengthen partnerships with our existing partners and other key in-country stakeholders to achieve our accreditation goals.
- Prepare for ISQua (IEEA) accreditation and, where applicable, local accreditation requirements
- Set up the governance infrastructure for SafeCare to function as an accreditation body.
- Supervise the implementation of our accreditation work including a team of Quality Managers and Assessors
- Review and authorize planning, budgeting, and reporting ensuring targets are met.
- Collaborate and contribute in PharmAccess Quality/SafeCare leadership team to identify and develop growth opportunities for SafeCare and SafeCare accreditation.
- Input into overall PharmAccess organizational strategic planning process through development of recommendations, proposals and other elements as directed.
Qualification & Requirements
- Master’s in Quality Management and/or Accreditation, Strategy Management, Business Development, or similar qualifications. An additional health-related degree is preferred.
- At least five years post qualification experience in Quality Management, Accreditation or Business Development, with experience in working a multi-cultural environment with multiple stakeholders, preferably in the geographical regions of interest (Sub Saharan Africa).
- Should have demonstrable entrepreneurial and business mind-set.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to oversee and successfully deliver complex project implementations.
- Analytical skills in planning and budget review.
- Open minded, self- motivated personality with a can-do mentality.
- Experience in working in an international, ambitious, and innovative organization.
- Based in, and eligible to work in Kenya.
- Ability and availability to travel frequently to developing countries (COVID permitted).
PharmAccess offers an excellent job opportunity in an exciting and dynamic international environment with terms and conditions conforming to industry standards.
How to apply
Suitable candidates can apply by sending their resumes and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application for this position is June 14, 2021.