Program Manager Health Plans, PharmAccess Nigeria (Fulltime)
The PharmAccess Group
The PharmAccess Group is dedicated to improving access to better health care for people in sub-Saharan Africa. It mobilizes public and private resources for the benefit of doctors and patients through health insurance, mHealth innovations, loans to doctors, clinical standards and impact research. Working in public-private partnerships, we leverage donor contributions to increase trust in the health system, reduce risks and transaction costs, paving the way for private investments. This innovative approach to development has attracted significant international attention, including from the U.S. President Obama presenting our loans program the G20 prize for innovative financing.
The Program Manager, will work closely with the Director of Health Plans and Digital Innovation, to coordinate the implementation of technical assistance activities to support State Governments to design and operationalize their State Health Insurance Scheme, and the establishment of the Supervisory Agencies and the State Health Funds. In addition, supporting the business development efforts, program planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of demand side support activities.
More specifically, the role includes:
Technical Assistance to State Health Insurance Agencies
• Support the development of enabling regulation, policies and laws to strengthen the UHC Agenda at the National and State levels;
• Support activities towards establishing the State Health Insurance Agencies, including the development of the organizational structure, underlying policies & procedures, staffing requirements and job descriptions and the Agency take-off budget
• Support activities to design and operationalize the State Health Insurance Schemes, including benefit package design and pricing, scheme administrative system, premium financing framework and marketing and roll-out plan for the health insurance agents and healthcare providers participating in the scheme;
• Support the Health Insurance Agency in multi-sectoral engagement on topics, such as domestic resource mobilization, development of the fund flow schematics and guidelines for fund management
• Support the Health Insurance Agency to develop the terms of reference for contracting third party administrators and healthcare providers;
• Coordinate the implementation of capacity building programs for the Staff of the Health Insurance Agency and other stakeholders charged with the responsibility of scheme administration; and
• Coordinate the implementation of scheme administration, monitoring and evaluation framework to help improve turnaround time for provider payment, quality of care and patients’ satisfaction.
• Actively participate in the development of technical proposals, presentations and product concepts. In addition, present technical requirements to clients, when required
• Identify opportunities for further support with existing portfolio clients
• Identify grant opportunities to further support the work of health plans business unit
• Manage local stakeholder relationship in close collaboration with other business units
• Coordinate the development project technical reports.
• Coordinate Health Plans weekly and monthly meeting and status reporting
• Actively participate in the development of the Board and Donor reports, including the Health Insurance Fund Annual Progress Report.
Digital Innovations & Learning
• Assist the digital innovation unit to scale up tested and scalable digital health market innovations, such as the health data exchange and payment platform being deployed for stakeholders in the Nigeria Health Market.
• Assist the learning and analysis team when necessary, by to providing input on the research objectives, methodology and instruments.
Qualification & Requirements
• A bachelor’s degree from a reputable tertiary institution
• Other relevant postgraduate degrees or professional certifications will be an advantage
• At least 10 years’ work experience in relevant institutions
• Experience with public sector and / or multilateral advocacy will be an added advantage
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven track record of engagement with stakeholders
• Must be able to documents ideas and development frameworks to depict all stakeholders in healthcare schemes supported by PAF
• Ability to provide leadership and take ownership
• Strong project management and managerial skills
• Result driven and able to motivate a diverse group of ambitious colleagues
• Strong relationship networks within the local and international media
• Significant knowledge of health systems is a prerequisite for this role
PharmAccess Foundation will offer competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and ability. PharmAccess is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please submit the following documents:
1. A one-page cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and why you are the ideal candidate for this position
2. Your CV
Send your application documents via email to email@example.com with ‘Program Manager, Health Plans’ as the subject line. The application deadline is May 31, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please visit our website: www.pharmaccess.org