Quality Officer, PharmAccess Nigeria (Fulltime)
The PharmAccess Group
The PharmAccess Group is dedicated to improving access to better health care for people in sub-Saharan Africa. It mobilizes public and private resources for the benefit of doctors and patients through health insurance, mHealth innovations, loans to doctors, clinical standards and impact research. Working in public-private partnerships, we leverage donor contributions to increase trust in the health system, reduce risks and transaction costs, paving the way for private investments. This innovative approach to development has attracted significant international attention, including the U.S. President Obama presenting our loans program, the G20 prize for innovative financing.
As Quality Officer, you will work on the development of our proposition, products and services to expand and strengthen the supply of better health care services in Nigeria. Our initiatives are aimed at equipping healthcare providers with the clinical and business tools and skills to improve the quality of care to patients, health care providers, investors and funders alike. You will assist with building a network of trusted public and private health care providers by helping to develop and implement innovative value propositions, making use of new technologies – to strengthen their business and clinical performance. In addition, you will work on promoting the further adoption of the quality agenda by both public sector- and private sector players. As a member of the Quality team, you will work on developing and implementing supply side strengthening and quality improvement interventions and report to the Program Manager SafeCare, Nigeria. The successful candidate will provide technical support to government, partner and facility staff on improving the quality of healthcare services and patient safety.
• Work as a member of the Quality team on PharmAccess health care supply related activities and initiatives in Nigeria;
• Develop and strengthen a network of trusted providers, introducing and implementing products and services to strengthen their quality and business;
• Conduct bi-annual situational analyses of the facilities, capture and review the data;
• Conduct SafeCare Assessments and Certification Assessments, including entry, review and reporting of assessment data;
• Support the development and implementation of quality improvement plans for health facilities;
• Periodic monitoring of progress in implementing quality improvement plans and achieving set targets;
• Facilitate quality trainings and provide technical assistance to government, health providers and implementing partners including external Assessors and Facilitators;
• Represent PharmAccess at meetings, learning collaborative networks and as a technical expert on healthcare quality assurance and improvement;
• Continuous review of all ongoing programs and tools, suggesting updates and improvements from lessons learned.
Qualification & Requirements
• Medical degree, preferably combined with a public health or business degree, e.g., MPH, MBA;
• At least 5 years’ work experience in clinical health settings and/or development sector;
• Good knowledge of quality improvement approaches in health care and data management processes;
• Capable of interacting professionally and constructively with facility managers, clinic staff and others;
• Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills, ability to work effectively with different levels of professional cadres;
• Proven planning and coordination skills with an eye for detail;
• Critical thinking, research and proposal writing skills;
• Computer literacy including use of Microsoft office suite, databases and web applications;
• Awareness of relevant trends and new (mobile) technologies in healthcare;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
• Ability to travel frequently (50% or more domestic travel).
PharmAccess Foundation will offer a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and ability.
PharmAccess is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please submit the following documents:
1. A one-page cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and why you are the ideal candidate for this position
2. Your CV
Send your application documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Quality Officer’ as the subject line. The application deadline is 22 March, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information please see the website www.pharmaccess.org.