Last week, PharmAccess organized an international webinar with CEO’s of health insurance schemes across Africa. Listen back to the webinar – the recording is available now.
COVID-19 is causing unprecedented challenges for health systems, requiring institutions and governments to drastically shift priorities. Moderator Prof. Khama Rogo, Lead Health Sector Specialist at the World Bank, moderated the session on how COVID-19 is affecting the countries’ efforts to achieve universal health coverage (UHC), and the role that health insurance schemes play.
Listen back to the webinar and hear…
- How COVID-19 has served as a wake-up call to further invest in health systems
- How the speakers pledge for insurance as a strategy to build stronger health systems that are better equipped to prevent and respond to outbreaks
- How health insurances help protect the economy during a crisis
- How technology plays an indisputable role in making UHC possible – and even more so during COVID-19
- Whether health costs caused by pandemics will be included into health coverage packages
Lydia Dsane-Selby, CEO National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA), Ghana
Peter Kamunyo Gathege, CEO National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF), Kenya
Emmanuella Zamba, CEO Lagos State Health Management Agency (LASHMA), Nigeria
Ntuli Angyelile Kapologwe, Head iCHF & Director of Health Service at President’s Office, Tanzania
Prof. Khama Rogo, Lead Health Sector Specialist (World Bank)
The link to the recording can be found here